Monday, January 11, 2016

January 7, 2016

The early deadlines for news during the holidays are past. Remember, I now can type out and e-mail the news to the Independent on Sunday evenings, so please have your news to me by then.

This very next Sunday, January 10th at 1:30, there will be a baby shower for Aric and Lisa Hauf at St. Matthews Church in Max. They have registered at Target and it's a boy!! I wasn't able to put this in a week earlier because of the early deadline so I hope now isn't too late for you to plan on attending.

Civic Club will be meeting on Monday, January 11th at 7 p.m. Please read over all the information about Civic Club that is on the back of your free Community Calendar. This month's calendar is yellow. (Editor’s note: the Community Calendar is also available on maxnd.com.)  February's Community Calendar will have information about Civic Club's February 8th supper/meeting.  Keep it in mind!


"Eighty percent of success is showing up." Woody Allen

(Editor's note:  I have been having some difficulty with the blog posts reaching their destination.  I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the blog and related news feeds being late.  I do believe that I now have the issue resolved.  However, if you are wondering about the weekly Max news and do not see it on Thursdays on Facebook or in your email, check the news link on Maxnd.com.  If you do not see news there, there likely was none for the week.  Again, I believe that the news link with the blog has been fixed, and I apologize for the issue, especially to Margaret Z., who works so hard to get the news out each week!)

No comments: