Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29, 2012


Correction: In last week's news I said this past Monday, November 26th, was the last time the Good News Club would meet. That is wrong! They will be meeting three more Mondays at the school. December 3, 10, and 17th. There will be a Birthday Party for Jesus on December 17th.

Tomorrow, Friday at noon, November 30th is the Max Senior Citizens potluck and meeting.

I read where Santa is in Minot but did you know that he will be in Max on a Saturday, December 15th? It is Max Santa Day with a free breakfast of pancakes and sausage being served from 9:30-11:30 at the Max Civic Center. Santa will appear at 9:30 a.m.  There will be McGruff fingerprinting by the McLean County sheriff's office. There will be treat bags from Santa for each one of you! Max Santa Day sponsors are Bremer Bank & Insurance and Max Civic Club and they would like each of you to bring non-perishable food items and monetary donations for the local food pantries.

Do you have odd things happen to you? Would you like to tell me about them so I can write it up in the Max News?  I'll start this out by telling you what happened to me on an afternoon during the Hostfest. I was having coffee with friends in the Max Cafe and noticed an older couple having something to eat, just two tables away from where I was sitting. As we checked out, one friend asked me if I knew the couple who had just signed the guestbook, and had already driven away, as their last name was my maiden name!!  It was my cousin and his wife, from California, whom I haven't seen since 1954! I've seen pictures of him since then but this couple didn't look familiar to me at all and probably because 'in Max' was the last place I'd expect to see them! Two days earlier they told my sister in Wishek they had breakfast at the new Cenex on that Saturday morning, to which my sister said she had a sister living in Max. They knew my name was Margaret but couldn't remember my married last name. And they didn't know what I looked like, either. My cousin's wife said she 'just felt' there was a Margaret close by and was going to ask the waitress or cook but felt odd about doing it because she didn't know my last name, so she didn't. As it ended, my message to them on their home phone was waiting for them so once settled in back at home, they phoned me!!  Who would have ever thought!!

"There are some things so serious you have to laugh at them." Niels Bohr

No comments: